May 26, 2012
EGG PAYLOAD: YOUR EGGS ARE YOUR SIMULATED ASTRONAUTS. GET THEM BACK SAFE!
Ages 14 and Under.
Timed Duration = Longest Flight
Participants will use ANY Model Rocket suitable for Egg Lofting.
Bonus style points for scratch built rockets although commercial kits are fine.
Your rockets will lift ONE (1) raw grade A large hen’s egg of 57 to 63 grams weight and must return this egg from the flight without any cracks or other external damage.
1. Your goal is Maximum Flight duration. Timed liftoff – to landing of egg.
2. Class 1. Impulse (thrust) limited to D size motor total maximum impulse range! Any motor or combination up to 20.00 newton-seconds total impulse.
Ages 14-21 Max Altitude Scratch-built
Participants will use a scratch-built model rocket suitable for Egg Lofting at these impulse limits.
1. Your goal is to lift TWO (2) raw grade A large hen’s eggs of 57 to 62 grams weight and must return the eggs from the flight without any cracks or other external damage.
2. Class 1. Impulse (thrust) limited to “F” size motor total maximum impulse range! Any motor or combination up to 80.00 Newton-seconds total impulse.
3. Any commercial rocketry altimeters can be used. Altimeters must be able to read altitude as stand alone units. No computer interface needed. Contest judge should be easily able to read via beeps, flashes, or on-board readout without any special equipment.
CONTEST will be held at the following club venues:
CATO – Connecticut
CMASS – Central Massachusetts Spacemodeling Society
MMMSC – Maine Missile Math & Science Club
and at LDRS – Large Dangerous Rocket Ships
A simple e-mail with your intention to participate is all that is needed.
Pre-entry registration is encouraged. This helps organizers know how many participants may attend each event. As we will be providing the Eggs
Pre-registration begins January 1, 2012
Please include your age at launch date and Class you will participate in.
Teams entry are welcome. Please note how many members are part of your team.
Enter via email at: email@example.com
Adults are welcome to participate in both categories for bragging rights only!